- Use valuable free tools BUT make sure you are creating useful content that is interesting to your existing or potential clients.
For example- Facebook Fan pages, Twitter accounts, Ning social networks, Google and Yahoo business listing are free but insanely valuable.
- Be very selective and request to see stats on the ones you have to pay for (Citysearch, Yelp, etc.) – make sure it’s a good ROI on your time and money
- Use Google Adwords – it’s as cheap as $50 bucks a month but can bring a lot of traffic to your site with good promotions/specials, etc.
- Keep content fresh through all your channels (website, social networks, adwords, etc).
- Have a person on your team dedicated to digital weekly marketing – preferably one that can write well and acts as your content administrator
- Promotions and coupons work very well and can be posted in many places for free (e.g. business coupon on your Google business listing)
- Have a simple, user friendly and intuitive website (SEO compatible) that has the latest updates/coupons, etc for your bizz
- Create a community around you client base and keep them updated with extra perks (for example recipes for a restaurant, special promotions, etc) via email newsletter.